Friday, February 3, 2012

collage for the soul

Sometimes it seems like there are so many things I could write about and share with you that I don't know where to begin! Does that happen to you? Well, I decided I would at least share something about a fairly major event for me; teaching an IN-Person class for the first time since I moved to Florida over 2 years ago.

The photo above pretty much sums up what the day was like . . . happy! That's me on the right, with my friend Cheryl Wilson next to me; she hosted the class in her home. Gail Condrick, one of my Nia movement instructors is to the left of Cheryl working on her collage, and Jean, another Nia student and friend is up close in the red shirt. My friend and fellow Nia student Ann is taking the photo! I would say the class was a success. It was a lot of work for me, especially since I have not done this in a while, but I received many wonderful comments and we all enjoyed.

Tom wrote, "Lenna, I greatly enjoyed meeting you and taking your class. Thank you." 
He is already interested in a second class, which is in the works!
Jane wrote, "Your class was just what the doctor ordered! It really help palpitate my soul! Totally inspired."
Cheryl wrote, "Wonderful Creative Day with friends old & new. Lenna - amazing teaching, art and facilitation."
Ann said, "Creative Lenna's Collage for the Soul Workshop -we had so much fun and she is a great teacher!"
Wow! Thank  you all so much. What a lovely way to be welcomed back into teaching classes in person.

my students at work (play)

The lovely Zoe came by to visit (left) while Gail is working 

Gail's most wonderful collage!

Ann is working on her collage, lovely.

Jane had a blast and was very inspired! 

Tom did a marvelous job - love his contrasting colors

Ann & Cheryl adding to their art

Jean's lovely collage with a beach theme

Cheryl  is happy : 0 ) 

It was a great experience. After I rest up I will certainly be ready to do it again!!
Thanks to all of my students for your enthusiasm & wonderful art. yours creatively, lenna

9 comments:

Dorthe said...

Hi dear, congratulations on your happy and succesful class teaching, I can see you all had wonderful hours together, and that your "students" made fantastic and colourful, happy collages. So glad for you,Lenna.
Hugs,Dorthe

Donna, Doni, Lady D said...

Way to go, Lenna. Looks like a fabulous class - obviously right up your alley. xoDonna

Jewels said...

Lenna - I would have loved to have been there! Everyone looks like they are having a great time (does not hurt that it looks like a sunny day). J

Maggi said...

What a fun looking class! I loved seeing the pictures, everyone looks like they're having the best time!

friedaquilter said...

It looks like you're not the only happy person there, everyone seems to be having a wonderful time! And of course, how I would have loved to be there too!

Mary Z said...

Lenna so glad you are teaching in person classes again!! Remember those awesome classes at Kookalicious? Oh how I miss them and the wonderful people that gathered!!
I also remember the wonderful collage class you taught in the Hartford store - we did a triptych collage - still look at it with amazement!! Good for you - you have so much to share! :-)
Mary Z.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Lenna,

I can see a great time was had by all! Isn't it fun, having a group of people all creating at the same time?!?

Hugs,
Kay

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Mary! I was just looking at photos from our same class -collage on canvas- at Denise's store Kookalicious, prior to teaching this class in FL. It's hard to believe the date on the photo album is 2005! I totally agree, that was a most delicious place to teach, with wonderful students combined with Denise's great energy. I too have my triptych collage on display . . . I feel very grateful to have taught many classes with you in attendance -thank you!!!

Joanna said...

Everyone looks like they had a wonderful and happy day, including you :o)

Well done you for jumping back in the saddle and running such a successful class. The first of many, I have no doubt.

xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...