Monday, February 13, 2012

4x4 inch collages for an exchange

On the Oh My Gothic yahoo group we are exchanging 4x4 inch collages. Most of the participants are making them into a little book . . . but you could just enjoy them . . . or make into a larger collage. Hmmm, I am not sure what I will do with the ones I have received yet, but I have made two more and sent them off today. My dear friend Frieda in Scotland requested a theme of flowers, yummy! I am sure this will brighten up her cold days when she receives it.

The words are from ARTchix Studio. The flowers I got from Collage Stuff, by Prima. 
This 4x4 is made of paper and fabric.

The 4x4 watercolor card I bought already cut to size from ARTchix Studio -then I painted it. 
Later, I took a piece of sheer fabric (a scarf) and sewed it directly onto the watercolor card. It started like this below . . . .


Then I fooled around with which flowers might work and where the words should go. 
I ended up spray painting the plain white Prima flowers with Perfect Pearls Mists. I also added some glitter glue in the center of each flower because Frieda loves shiny, Magpie things.


I glued the flowers down with Tacky glue and was happy with the arrangement. 
 I hope you like it, Frieda . . . it is on it's way!



I also made a 4x4 for Debby on the theme of vintage children : ^)

I chose many more images than I would need, just to see what might inspire me. 
These are all pretty much from ARTchix Studio!


I also had a number of already painted 4x4 watercolor squares to choose from. 
After preparing for my collage class I had leftover paint. Instead of throwing it out 
I brushed it onto the watercolor squares. 

I chose a square and started playing with the composition. 
I ended up cutting the background away from the 3 girls. 

I added a layer of handmade lace paper for texture. It mostly disappears when added to the watercolor paper with gel medium, but I thought the extra wisps of paper fiber would be good.

A part of a pen shell adorns her hair and silver star tinsel that my friend and Nia teacher Kathy Oravec gave me, because she thought I could use it! She was right :  ^ ) I also added glitter and silver metallic marker splashes.

the back was finished very simply . . . That was fun! 
Now this is on it's way to Debby : )

I must say I have noticed, and maybe so have you, that I have not been doing as much mixed media artwork since my dad passed away, October 1. My creativity has continued to surface - taking photographs almost daily and also through lots of movement and dance: Nia classes, Conscious Movement and Dancing gratitude that I have found here in Florida. I am still doing a few things with mixed media and so I do not worry about the smaller output, just notice it. I imagine something will happen to fire me up and push me into more creativity when the time is right! I hope all is well with you. I am truly fine, except for a hole in my life. I miss my dad. 



4 comments:

  1. Both of these 4x4's a lovely, Lenna, and I'm sure will be received with joy.

    The flowers simply sprayed with the perfect pearls and given a sparkling dew drop centre look gorgeous. I like how both the scarf and the flower is outside the 4x4.

    The images for 'she'll never grow up' are so sweet and look perfect with all the textures you've given it. The tinsel looks great!

    I know what you mean about your Dad, bereavement is a tough road to travel. Sending a hug and xxx's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending sweet and happy thoughts your way. xoxo
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. These 4x4s are beautiful! I must say that I love seeing what you and Frieda make for the group, they're so marvelous! :D

    It's amazing how creatively ebbs and flows throughout good times and bad. I am so sorry for your loss in October, my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanny is right about my 4 x 4 being received with joy! Can't wait to have it here so that I can admire it "in person" so to speak!
    I'm sure that your mixed media creativity will eventually return, it just needs time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and do not appear on the blog until I have personally approved them. I love receiving your comments and want to thank you in advance :0) Your comment will be published soon! lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...